Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 3- Gelato

The jet lag finally hit me last night. I thought I had gotten away without having any but unfortunately, I woke up at 1:30 a.m. and could not fall back asleep until 3:30 when I gave up and decided to take half a Benadryl. After that, I slept in until around 11:30 (both of us missed our 8 a.m. alarm) and even then felt exhausted, so we both slept for another hour. When we finally got up at 1, we decided to take the bus down to the Duomo again since that is the only place we know how to get to so far. Yesterday we met a man at a caffe near the Duomo who fell "in love with my eyes" when we stopped in to look at their wine selection. He invited us back for a discount on the the food, so we decided to take him up on the offer. Since it was about 90 degrees out, the only appealing thing was the macedonia (basically a fruit bowl). So we ordered one to share. After dealing with the constant space bubble preach from our overly friendly waiter, we decided to explore the city further.

Around six, we decided to stop for dinner and found a caffe with a dinner special, 9 euro for salad, bruschetta, lasagna, and a glass of wine. The food was delicious but since I saved room for dessert (as always) we went on the hunt for "cheap" gelato. After scouring the city for about an hour. taking our fair share of shopping breaks in between, we settled for a Gelatoria next to the Duomo. I ordered a small mint gelato, and Ana a limone sorbetto. The woman behind the counter stuffed each of our smalls with a huge amount of gelato and I'm thinking, what a great deal for 2 euro each! As we went to pay, the woman asked for 9 euro... EACH!! We couldn't believe that we decided on a "cheap" place that ended up being even more expensive than we thought. Anyway, c'e la vie I suppose. We ate our golden gelato as we walked to the bus stop.

Now back at the hotel, we are watching a movie and getting ready for tomorrow. We finally find out where we are living!! :) I will keep you all posted.

Ciao,

Sarah



1 comment:

  1. your mom must love this story..... he's one of the guys she warned you about!!!!

    ReplyDelete