Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 5 and 6 La Scuola

Ciao

So I did not have time to write yesterday because I spent most of the day at school and then the rest eating dinner and passing out. But to briefly recap, we had orientation for school at 2 p.m. yesterday. That lasted about 4 hours and then we made our way back home for dinner around 8. Again, a delicious meal consisting of three courses and for dessert, we actually made "Italian s'mores" because Kelly brought a bag of marshmellows from the states for our host family since apparently, marshmellows are fairly uncommon here. Anyway, we taught Andrea and Barbara how to roast the marshmellow over the open flame of the stove and then we covered the marshmellow in Nutella and sandwiched them between two crackers. Overall, our creation was delicious and I think they enjoyed their first s'more experience.

This morning was the placement test for Italian. It started at 830 and ran until 1030. It was about 17 pages long and VERY comprehensive.. after it was over I thought I would be placed back in Italian 1 for sure, but surprisingly, after a short oral part, I was placed into Italian 3! There are officially levels 1,3,4 and 5. I am not sure why there is no 2, but oh well. Kelly, my roommate, was placed into italian 5. She is really good with speaking and I am learning slowly but surely just listening to her. Tomorrow is our first day of class officially. I will be in class from 9 to 330 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 9 to 1230 on Mondays and Wednesdays. The language programs are VERY intensive and I am little bit nervous about starting in a level up from what I expected, but hopefully it won't be too bad!

I will keep you all updated about how my classes are going/ what trips I decide to go on!!

Buona sera!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment